Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Original & Creative Gift

I don't think my friend, Sara Bunn, would mind, but I felt like sharing what I did for her birthday. In all honesty, this brainstorm began with a simple item - some soap known as Safeguard. I had seen it in passing, not even realizing it was still manufactured...and the idea just grew and developed from there. Sara was given seven gifts and a card that explained each gift. When she opened the gift bag, I had her remove each item prior to giving her the card to see if she and her family could figure out the 'puzzle.'

I wished the following for her for the next year.

A year full of:
Safety - a 6 pack of Safeguard
Joy - orange Joy dish detergent
Love - note cards with hearts all over them
Healing - Hello Kitty Band-Aids
Fruitful - 5 different flavors of Fruit Leather
Peace - a can of peas
(play on words obviously, but it was all I could think of)
Bonuses - orange TicTacs

Healing and Bonuses were not an original part of the present, but Sara had been in a car accident and was healing...the TicTacs were an impulse purchase that I decided to incorporate as 'Bonuses' although I guess 'Surprises' would have been more fitting. Sara's favorite color is orange, so I tried to incorporate as much orange as I could.

The neat thing about the gift is I received an email from Sara today where she shared she was having a 'peas-ful' week.


*giggles* I loved it!

1 comment:

Peter Bunn said...

Was definitely a great gift idea!!