Monday, May 5, 2008

Mixed Feelings


It is with a saddened heart, I share that Michael Rosenbaum will be leaving Smallville at the end of this season...with some possible guest appearances in season 8...which I guess is dependent upon how they end season 7 (not to mention how it'll work into his new schedule).
And while we've lost plenty of major and minor characters over the years ... Whitney, Pete, Ma and Pa Kent...most recently Lionel...I knew it was a possibility he'd be leaving, but was selfishly hoping he'd stay.


The story must go on...


However, the show is called Smallville and it's about the journey of Clark Kent from boy to man (not Lex, otherwise, I'd guess it'd be called Metropolis - haha!) ...it will be nice to see how the show continues to explore Clark's continued growth and acceptance of himself as he comes to embrace his true destiny - not to mention, other villains in CK's life and the story arcs created. I've read they are bringing in Doomsday...so that should be exciting!

To know me is to know my love of the show - not to mention Michael...after all one of my favorite lines from the entire series is "You were right about me all along, Mr. Kent...I am the villain of this story.", which was said to Mr. Kent by Lex in Onyx (season 4, episode 17) ... which happens to be my license plate (ONYX417)

But I'm happy to see Rosenbaum move on to other endeavors and it will be exciting to see what projects he involves himself with...

...I have more than quite enjoyed watching Michael's portrayal of Lex Luthor over the years and Thursday nights won't quite be the same.

No comments: