Thursday, March 27, 2008

I AM the next American Idol

Easter weekend, I found myself seeing my college roommate for the first time in EIGHT years ... eight years too long, that is. I had a blast being in North Carolina and was extremely sad to leave. It seemed the closer I got to home, the more sad and more void of energy I felt.

I got to meet Kristen's betrothed and see their new home as well as partake in furniture shopping not to mention seeing her in her wedding gown as she was having her bridal portraits done. (Gor-ge-ous!!)

While I was there, I had the opportunity to learn that I suck at Guitar Hero ... even when the guitar is 'strung' for a lefty. Eh, practice, practice, practice??? It's all about the timing.

But Kristen and I went head-to-head in American Idol...three rounds. Luscijax v. Prynncez (love our names?! Wish I had pictures of our singers.) Poor Kristen was ill due to allergy issues, so we'll have to have a rematch for sure as I won the competition. Although, I think when it comes to originality, Kristen definitely had me beat. Instead of singing the actual lyrics to one song, she began her own song about her allergies and how craptastic she felt to the beat of the song. Me on the other hand had a great time singing ... off key ... although I think I was pretty on point when singing Hemorrhage by Fuel (great song, great band) It'll have to be my AI Finals song choice for the rematch as well. :)

I also had a second opportunity to sit around a table with ... a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks ... engaged in great conversation. (need to do this more often) I look forward to going back in three weeks...


No comments: