Monday, March 17, 2008

Six Degrees of ... D'oh!

For those of you who have been over may have noticed that my VHS tapes are in a little order known as Six Degrees of Separation.

Being Type A, you'd think it would make more sense for me to do alpha order - but no, I think this is more logical...and fun! So yesterday, I took it upon myself to attempt the same with my DVD's. It proved to be a bigger challenge than first thought.

Some decisions were simple...for example, Julia Roberts goes next to Matt Damon. Yeah, they may have been in Ocean's Eleven together, which I do not have, but I DO have Mystic Pizza. (Matt's first movie role - a mere one liner.)

Take Xanadu - you would think - oh, easy...that one stands by itself as I don't own any other Olivia Newton-John movies (nope, not even Grease), but you'd be wrong. I recently learned that Aldolfo "Shaba Doo" Quiones was a dancer in the film...and he played Ozone in Breakin' (LOVE IT!)...AND was the choreographer for Kickin' It Old Skool with Michael Rosenbaum...

So to 6DoS Olivia Newton-John to say...Tom Welling it would go:
Olivia to Aldofo to Michael to Tom

I also discovered some links where just one movie was missing to connect the dots. For example, Because I Said So stars Mandy Moore...who was in A Walk To Remember, which was a novel written by Nicholas Sparks, who wrote The Notebook with Ryan Gosling. I've seen A Walk To Remember and it was a good movie...so I guess I should go buy it now to complete the link. :)

I also thought that with the variety of movies it would also be as simple as two "branches" per person...you know one to the left and one to the right on the shelf...but sadly, Reese Witherspoon 'ruined' that for me. Seems each movie I have of hers links to someone else I have. See below:

Election - Matthew Broderick - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Pleasantville - Tobey Maguire - Spiderman
Just Like Heaven - Mark Ruffalo - 13 Going On 30
Sweet Home Alabama - McDreamy himself, Patrick Dempsey - Grey's Anatomy AND - Melanie Lynskey - Ever After (you know the nicer of the two evil stepsisters, who when the movie came out people thought we looked alike)

And once I buy Walk The Line ANOTHER link would be Tyler Hilton, who played Elvis Presley in the film but also played Chris Keller on One Tree Hill.

I can't exactly split Reese up, so in my "frustration", I said forget it! and put the movies back on the shelf grouped by actor and not necessarily 6DoS. Sigh...
Guess you'd be amazed that there is absolutely
no order whatsoever to my CD's...

No comments: