Okay, perhaps you all are tired of hearing about New Kids, but if you knew me at 12, they were pretty much my entire world. (and this is my blog ;) Well, I have to say that I feel bad that I didn't buy Jordan's solo album when it came out in 1999. I bought the CD single for 'Give It To You' back then, which now when I think about it...the price I paid for one song would have been pretty dang close to an entire CD...what was I thinking?!!
But thanks to Plan9 Records, they were able to track down a 'gently used' CD...and it only cost me $4.99. I got the call yesterday that it had come in...so I hopped in the Jeep and made my way to Carytown to pick it up and it's all I've been listening to. I knew two of the songs before buying it...one of them being a remake of a Prince song...
I have the 2 disc Greatest Hits of Prince and I had already found the original of 'I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man' and listened to it. Yuck! I so did not like it. It was amazing that Jordan had been able to 'convert' it into a ballad. His version is beautiful...I usually am not a big fan of remakes... (although I do like No Doubt's take on Talk Talk's 'It's My Life')
I find with listening to the CD all the way through, I seem to be stuck on #7...'Don't Run' and #9 'Close My Eyes'...I know the more I listen this'll very well change... and I'm kinda sad that I've missed out on this for nine whole years...
And I'll be honest...the '95 South Remix' of 'Give It To You'... yeah, I don't like it. It's not recommended...no offense to Jordan or the 95 South peeps...besides, I don't think that just because you enjoy a musician/band that you have to like ALL of their songs...there's quite a few DMB songs I'm not crazy about...and we all know how I feel about DMB...
Now, I'm just awaiting Jordan's second CD ... it too has been ordered and should be coming in next week. YAY!! :)
(PHOTO: LUIS GUERRA / RAMEY)
No comments:
Post a Comment