Sunday, November 9, 2008
Buies Creek has certainly changed
When I left Campbell in 1999, the road between Taylor Bott Rogers and the girls dorms had long been closed off...when I visited Campbell in January 2005, I honestly do not remember the fountain having been constructed...I say this cause I was shocked to see it...
Where now there is grass and brick - yo, this used to be a road...ha...the road where my Ford Festiva died...
This here is where the Marshbanks parking lot used to be...more brick, I see...this is the scene of the crime where Larry Johnson, Mark McCracken and maybe even Jeff Morris (don't recall with 100% accuracy) attempted to lift my Ford Festiva off the ground...
This is inside the new convocation center...Go Camels...it's so much nicer than Carter Gym, but I think that was the point...
Again, more brick...where the parking lot for Carter Gym and the student center used to be...I wonder how much money Campbell has spent on bricks in its history (minus the fire of 1890-whatever)
What happened to the outer stairwells and the 'iron window' of D. Rich - and can someone please tell me why this change was necessary? Not to mention, how did 'outside' become inside?
This here makes me sad...would the real Campbell University welcome sign, please stand up...stupid class of 2001...I was all jazzed to get a picture of the three foot or so tall sign and disappointed to come across this...
But even worse...this broke my heart...my shadow in the place where the lone tree stood in a brick well between D.Rich and Taylor...a great place to meet a friend after CEP before heading to Marshbanks for lunch...gone and no surprise....bricked over... :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment