Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Buies Creek I Remember

Being at Campbell, I have to admit, was bittersweet. While it seemed as though I had just left yesterday, I just couldn't believe it had been almost ten years since I had to stop calling Campbell my home. Walking around viewing what had changed and what had stayed the same, I saw the 'ghosts of Campbell past'...and being that it was Homecoming weekend, I ran into some 'old' friends...I don't know why it didn't even cross my mind that with it being Homecoming I would run into friends...
*********************************
Ah, the fountain...the 'real' fountain...I'm standing where the old sidewalk ended and the new sidewalk started...
The stone gazebo...I ran into Dr. Jonas in the new convo center and he shared that with the law school moving to Raleigh (seriously?!) that with the move the 'old' school is to be gutted and made into the new library...upon learning of this, I have a funny feeling that with renovation, does the gazebo run the risk of being gutted, too? Guess we'll find out soon enough, but I wanted to capture it just the same.

The view along the sidewalk from the Post Office to Marshbanks hasn't changed...
And the squirrels who run around in the space above and all around the library - yep, they still run around...I think everyone who has attended CU has at least one squirrel story. :)

Though the road may be gone, the view from Taylor Bott Rogers hasn't changed much...the cluster of trees still stand.
And yes, I went inside TBR, and they have the same couches and chairs from before...countless conversations had in those seats...

No comments: