Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well, I thought it was funny

So, as most of you know I do not have a home PC at this time...I borrow my mom's laptop on the weekends to do some internetting... so I get a call from her on Thursday asking if I want to pick it up a day early - "Sure" - and I was on my way. Now, at this time my mom lives with her father and his 'girlfriend' of 30+ years acting as a caregiver/companion as they are both declining in health. Well Jane, the girlfriend, asks me, "So, what are you borrowing the computer for?" And with a serious look and tone to my voice, I reply, "Porn." The look on her face was priceless...her response was "Your grandma would roll over if she heard you say that." At that very moment, I thought to myself "No, she wouldn't. She can't roll, she was cremated." But out loud I said, "No, if she were alive she'd be laughing cause she would know I wasn't serious." Anyone who knows me should know how I feel about porn - and if not, I've got a funny ex-husband story to tell off-blog... (well, I think it's funny...) Jane figured out that I wasn't being serious and we all went on about our evening. When mom walked me out, I commented that "I thought the porn response was funny." Her response, "So did I."

No comments: