It's known that my sister, Anne, and I were not exactly on speaking terms the second half of 2008 and with Christmas approaching, I was sure that 2008 would be my first Christmas not in attendance at her home...
My mom had been hoping, praying, etc. that we would all be together for the holidays and I was doubting it seriously.
I got a phone call from Anne a couple days before Christmas..."What's this crap I hear about you needing an invitation to my house for Christmas?" I pointed out that because we hadn't been talking I wasn't going to assume it was okay to just show up...well, we were on the phone for THREE AND A HALF HOURS and by the end of the call, I had my sister back. :) We talked again for 90 minutes Christmas Eve, saw her Christmas Day, Matthew spent the night one night the following week and Rebekah stayed with me New Year's Eve, so we were all together for Mom's Birthday (NYE) and again New Years Day...
I have talked to my sister everyday (well night) this year...it's usually only 5-10 minutes, but hey, I'm just glad to have my sister back. I missed her...
No comments:
Post a Comment