So, Christmas Eve I go to my mom's where I'll (against my will) be spending the evening with her dad, his girlfriend, Jane, and all of Jane's family (who I was meeting for the first time) ...at first I kept to myself watching Can't Buy Me Love on the telly and mingling when persons would pass through the room I was in...and then came gift opening time...then came 'social time'...and then came 'verbal attack on Sarah for being...31 and single' *smacks head*
Jane's niece, who is easily in her 40's with a pre-teen and a teen, questioned where my family was...and it was soon discovered that not only was Sarah husbandless, she was also boyfriendless...this somehow created some sort of target on my forehead, back, wherever...
When asked what I look for, well I don't have a grocery list...so I said something to the effect of "I'm not particular on hair or eye color...he'd have to be employed...preferably his own teeth*...and preferably a non-smoker."
(* me stating the obvious of being a total smartass)
I was advised to join an online dating service...uhm, that'd be a no...I have friends who have found success with it, but for me personally, it's not my thing...I was advised other things to which I'll spare you the reader, but trust me, I was getting irritated. I had commented on my desire to move to North Carolina and a few days later it hit me that moving was more important to me than a guy...which, right now is the time that I can be selfish, right?!
And so that I didn't seem like a complete loser for 'being 31 and single' to everyone in the room, I threw out there that I had been married briefly once before...and voila...that pretty much ended the conversation... hmm, probably should have stated that earlier in the conversation...
No comments:
Post a Comment