Friday, January 30, 2009

Ponder This

Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act

Seriously? Are you kidding me? What genius in DC thought this up and how did it get passed? If I'm understanding this correctly...to think the things from my childhood no longer available to me (so much for getting Smurf items off eBay) - I played with them then and nothing happened to me. I understand concern - but this just seems extreme to me...

My friend, Melanie, has a great post on her blog about it: http://www.thriftyandcreative.com/2009/01/very-important-information-on-new-law.html

Children's library books...
c'mon, give me a break...so does this mean that there will no longer be a library in your child's elementary school because of this act...this is probably one of the stupidest things I've heard of...Melanie, thank you for posting this on your blog and bringing it to my attention...being that I don't have children, I don't keep my eye out for things like this, but am glad to know.

No comments: