Awwwwww yeah! Took long enough for September 2 to get here!! Of course I was at Best Buy at 10.04 a.m., did you even have to ask? ;)
The big disappointment upon tearing into the cellophane and cracking the seal was WHERE WERE THE LYRICS? There's nothing I hate more than having a CD with no lyrics reprinted in the booklet. The big deal with the deluxe edition (which features four additional songs) was that it included a free poster ... oooh. Of course they looked hot with their Men In Black vibe, but at 31 I'd rather have the lyrics than a poster. And while Jordan is HOT...uhm, sorry but Donnie is HOTT!
17 songs...some definitely had hints of 'classic New Kids' while most of them did not. Not that I expected Please Don't Go Girl v 2.0, but the themes were definitely more adult. There were quite a few songs which featured another artist. I was most excited about the collaboration with New Edition (as previously posted) and Full Service is a great song! Well worth the wait. I'm kind of surprised they released Single as their second single - I would have thought it would have been Click, Click, Click - especially with all the hype surrounding it. After all, the idea of a reunion sparked flames in Donnie's head after hearing Click Cubed...
They definitely have an understanding of their fanbase ;) ...those of us who were along for the original ride are now in our 30's.
1. We watch The View (at least I did on Tuesday to see them)
2. We watch Grey's Anatomy...the song 2 In The Morning is about a relationship where the girl had a bad day and she's not talking to [insert your favorite New Kid here?!??] and it's now 9 and she still hadn't talked, but it's going on 10 and he wants to know what's up before .... [insert fanfare here] .... Grey's Anatomy (classic!)
3. We definitely watch/ed Dirty Dancing. Wonder which one of them was duped into watching it...can't really say I know of any guy who watches it on purpose...the song Dirty Dancing has a line: She's like Baby, I'm like Swayze. (hee hee hee)
I find that after two days of listening...I am so, so, so, so, so glad they reunited and I'm really excited to be seeing them in four weeks. I've had a few of the songs stuck in my head, now that I am back to work. :( (Oh, but I enjoyed my mini-vacay!!)
My overall grade would be: B-
(I would have given 'em a B if they had included the flippin' lyrics!)
No comments:
Post a Comment