The Dictionary
Now, I've done my fair share of searching over the years with my friends Merriam and Webster and while I find that a dictionary is great for finding the definition of a word, it can be a real pain when trying to locate how to actually spell a word. 'Is it in- or en-?' 'The silent 'g'?', etc., etc. And yeah, you might be sitting there thinking "But Sarah, what about spellcheck?" Yeah well, spellcheck isn't 100% accurate either. I love it when it tells you you've misspelled a word and offers a spelling suggestion that is...wait for it...the exact same spelling! *smacks head*
Being the child of a dyslexic parent, I learned pretty quick to spell...my mom would always be asking me how to spell words. And I've developed the habit of finding spelling errors in letters and emails...Guess I'm glad I think I'm a pretty decent speller. Although I did learn the other day that I've been spelling 'familiar' wrong for many years now...but no more. Thank you Spellcheck. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment