Monday, October 13, 2008

Fresh From My Yahoo...Aww yeah!

My Favorite Girl...oh, oh, oh-oh she's my favorite girl
(One of my favorites off Hangin' Tough CD)

Joe & Donnie on the screen, yo!

Donnie Wahlberg :) ...sigh...
Hard to tell, I know, but trust me on this one
(Make some NOISE!!)

I'm 99% sure this last one is Jordan singing
Baby, I Believe In You
He did it the SAME way he did 17 years ago...
white button-down, unbuttoned, black pants
and a fan blowing on him...
so glad to have the PPV concert from back then on VHS. (D'oh!)

Sigh...now I kinda wish I was going to see them in Charlotte, 30 October. Sigh...hopefully they'll continue to do well and go on a second tour...and I'll get to see them again. (Fingers totally crossed) While I'm not responding the same way I did from ages 12-16, it's still pretty dang exciting, you know. Ironically, the last song on their last CD prior to THE BLOCK, was entitled I'll Be Waitin' and I guess even though by 1994 the music scene had moved on, the guys had moved on, and in a way their fans had moved on (Hello! I was listening to a lot of rap by this time)...some of us hoped that one day they'd return to the scene and the wait would be over...and the day finally came! And it's not that I'm trying to relive my youth (it was hard enough being a teenager once!) cause I'm not. It's just that New Kids took off at a 'critical' time in my life and they were always 'there' for me...how could I not still love them after all these years?! Today I have a deep affection and admiration for them, that a hysterical teenager could in no way appreciate at the time....though I am grateful for the memories...both old and new.

No comments: