
Number ONE
at the box office...
I had seen a review that suggested ear plugs...I suggest ear plugs! I also suggest you sit through the credits. I hadn't read anything telling me to - and I don't usually sit through them - but something told me to stay and I'm glad I did because there is an extra scene at the conclusion of the credits and sets it up perfectly for a Max Payne 2. I haven't heard anything about a MP2 - although I've known about Max Payne for 2+ years (cause I was still employed by the newspaper when I first heard of it.) Not being a gamer, I've never played Max Payne and I only knew the most basics of the game prior to purchasing my ticket...but that was enough for me.
*******************************
Video Game v. Graphic Novel
One of my favorite movies is The Crow (1994, Brandon Lee) and I saw some parallels between the movies:
The Crow was mostly dark and rained throughout.
Max Payne was mostly dark and snowed throughout.
The Crow used warm tones to convey flashbacks of Eric and Shelly.
Max Payne used warm tones to convey flashbacks of Max, Michelle and their newborn.
The Crow was about Eric avenging the death of his lost love, Shelly.
Max Payne was about Max avenging the death of his wife, Michelle and their newborn. The difference being that Max never died and with the help of the crow, Eric was brought back.
Prior to seeing MP, the only other person I knew I was going to see was rapper, Ludacris. I had NO CLUE I was going to see Kate Burton - (aka Ellis Grey aka Meredith Grey's mom from Grey's Anatomy)
So, I can't speak "gamer" and make comments as to how a movie "based on the video game Max Payne" compares. You'll have to read elsewhere for that. But I liked the movie - especially considering I had been waiting so long for it - and yes, I'd watch it again with earplugs. :)
The only 'downer' for me was selfishly I had hoped that the song for the game Late Goodbye by Poets of the Fall would have made an appearance, but it did not...
No comments:
Post a Comment