I can only guess you've heard/read about Andy Samburg doing a skit a few weeks back on SNL called "Marky Mark Talks To Animals" ... I saw the skit as it aired and only laughed cause when I closed my eyes, Andy really sounded just like Mark. Other than that...uhm...
I read that Mark had been shown the skit on You Tube and didn't think it was really all that funny. I had hoped that there would be some kind of skit response, but thought the likelihood was zilch. I watched this weekend cause I heard Sarah Palin was going to be on and I wanted to see what they'd do with her and Tina Fey. So when Mark appeared, I shot straight up off the couch...
I thought the later skit with Mark, Andy and the donkey was hilarious. I thought it commendable for Mark to make an appearance - in response to the initial skit - and make light, and fun - of the whole thing.
I've also read where The Funky Bunch want to reunite...and wisely Mark has said no. While I loved Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (saw 'em in concert), I think it would be a huge step back for Mark. Sounds contradictory I know, but while I jammed out to the likes of Good Vibrations, Mark is a better actor than rapper. (No offense, Mr. Wahlberg) I can appreciate and respect him wanting to keep past career "mishaps" from his small children (Hey, I've never seen Boogie Nights myself), but I don't think he should be embarrassed by career choices. (Note that I did not say 'embarrassed by movie choices' - every actor has a movie or two they later wish they hadn't participated in.)
Think about it though: Prior to "Marky Mark" he engaged in activity, which led to a police record - juvenile petty stuff. The music got him away from that behavior and in turn the music (and his Calvin Klein contract) acted as a bridge that led to an acting career that led to a producer career (Hello - Entourage...) so...there you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment