Monday, March 16, 2009

Don't You Know That The Time Has Arrived

Ohmyword!

Sarah-Jane won the Mix 103.7 New Kids karaoke contest so that means:

I GET TO MEET NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!MARCH 18, 2009

It's taken me 20 years to get to this moment and while I knew I'd be meeting them on the cruise, I also thought it would be nice to meet them at a show prior to the cruise...Now that I've known about this for a handful of hours, I still feel nauseous and have no clue what I would say to any of them except that I'd see 'em on the cruise...I already know I wouldn't scream at them, but seriously what do you say?!

I remember when I met Jill, Gabby and Kate of Luscious Jackson (it'll be 10 years ago this October): I got pulled up onto the stage to dance with them (and other fans) during the last song: Citysong and after, they autographed my ticket, got pictures and got a few minutes one-on-one. I honestly couldn't tell you what I said with the exception of my talk with Kate. Remember when Queen Latifah had her own talk show? Well the lovely ladies of LJ had been on there prior to my concert and I had commented that I had skipped an art class to watch...Kate told me that I shouldn't have skipped just for them...but now I'm glad I did cause I've got this great element to my "I met Luscious Jackson" story :)

...and in all honestly, my picture of me and Jill is framed on a shelf above my bed...looks like she'll have to share the space now...

but back to the matter at hand...guess it'll come to me in the moment...but I don't want to be one of those girls who:

1. gets tongue-tied
2. becomes speechless
3. becomes a rambling idiot
4. gushes about how much I've loved them the past 20 years
(duh! they know that already ;)

*giggles* I get FACE TIME *giggles*

No comments: