Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW in RVA



So yeah, they were calling for snow and it rarely snows here - or if it does snow it doesn't stick and it certainly doesn't look like this the next morning...it hasn't snowed like this since winter '99-'00. It was nice to stay home today though...

Sure, snow is pretty, but honestly I'm glad it doesn't happen that often for us. Oh, and I was one of the silly ones who didn't believe the snow was coming and so I didn't rush to the grocery store - asides the fact that it was on my list of things to do today - and so yeah, I'm not going...and I'm actually out of milk...d'oh!

Below is what it looked like Sunday night while it was snowing - about 3 or so hours after it started and then a 'morning after' shot...it was not fun going outside to clear the snow off my car...the snow/ice/water soaked clear through my New Balances and at that point, I called it quits and came back inside...

Not looking forward to the overnight ice...think I may be taking a vacation day tomorrow, cause I'm not keen on driving in those conditions - simply cause I never have and don't really plan on it now...





AFTERTHOUGHT: Prior to going out on the balcony, Jonas and Peanut were looking out through the sliding glass door at the snow and so when I opened the door to go out on the balcony, I was going to let them go out there...but once the cold air brushed past 'em they took off running into the bedroom...from the beginning, Molly Belle was nowhere to be found...so sadly, no pictures of mis gatos in the snow...

No comments: